Below are a few tips on map requirements to help you get the essential information together so we can produce effective viewable maps.
Map requirements – ArcMap Exports
NPWS Style Maps
- Background – pdf layer with fills – NPWS estates and reserves & hill shades if required – high res
- pdf layer with everything that is not a fill – icons, labels, legend, scale, tracks and roads (solid line i.e. not dashed or broken), towns/text, points/icons. Please include a reference to Capital City and/or to the major closest town, e.g Sydney >180 km or Coffs Harbour >80 km
- pdf master combining 1 and 2 above to check against –low res
We can than create a map similar to below or to your specifications.
Map requirements for satellite image / photo background
- pdf satellite image or aerial photo (at the size you want it printed) and also high resolution (300 dpi). This can also be in tiff format.
- pdf master with everything to check against – can be low res
- pdf layer with everything else that is not a fill
– tracks and roads (single line i.e. not dashed or broken)
– towns/text, points/icons – this can all be in one pdf
- pdf with fills NPWS estates and reserves (not shown above but will look similar to the everything else image above)
- Please include a reference to Capital City and/or to the major closest town, e.g Sydney >180 km or Coffs Harbour >80 km
From this we will create a finished map similar to below or to your specifications.
Maps for Businesses
- Google Map or similar with area required
- Main features
- Please include a reference to nearest icon, town, e.g Coffs Harbour >2 km, Big Banana 1 km